Yesterday was such a beautiful day that I had time to get out for a couple of hours after I got home from work, did my laundry and have supper. I was in shorts, too. Imagine that, here in April. I grabbed the camera and my new bike and headed for the waterfront.
There were lots of people out. Running girls in Spandex, young folks drinking beer, lads throwing football, running girls in Spandex, a band practising on the pier behind the water purification plant, couples walking together, and even running girls in Spandex. I didn't get any photos of the girls, but summer ain't here yet.
Today I went for a 28 mile/45 km bike ride on the strength of coffee and toast. It turned out to be a bit of a beastly ride. My handlebars loosened up, and it became rather tiring for my hands and arms to hold the bar in position. Holding it close to the center helped, but not much. Using my powers of observation and following the axiom, necessity is the mother of invention, I spied a chunk of bungee cord, and be forcing it against the bolts on the stem, I was able to tighten them enough to minimize the bar movement.
Oh yeah, I was pedalling against the wind for about six or seven miles, not to mention the two hills that took me a while to climb.
I got home and took a shower, had a quick bite and took a two hour nap.
Photos from yesterday. I didn't take any worthwhile photos today.
- A real green dress (that’s cruel), stupid boots an...
- Disassociated shite
- Iron and shadows
- Lots of glass. Happy meal on the boulevard.
- Seat of constipation, framed at the hot dog stand
- Odd angles
- Power, no power, no parking
- Happy Birthday Intelliwench!
- Shine and shadow 2
- Shine and shadow
- Different walls for different stalls
- Don't need a chair to sit for a break.
- Morning at the asylum.
- Ragged but regal. And guns!
- Water, water everywhere, and all too cold for nude...
- The Zen of Zombie, Homer and home lighting
- Oil and water and ice and sun
- Camel toes and camera parts
- 1885, 00007, two alleys and a ghost
- A mere shadow of an observation
- F*ck Me Pumps, pumping electrons and other non-seq...
- Golden light and an ugly table
- Bit o' power, wet on the inside
- Joined at the wing
- Robin's egg rusty green
- Of iron wheels, Time and a covered bridge
- Violins and bungee cord bike repair
- Pieces of the whole
- The last icy evening
- ▼ April (29)
- ► 2009 (437)