Street photos...

4.02.2010

Violins and bungee cord bike repair

Yesterday was such a beautiful day that I had time to get out for a couple of hours after I got home from work, did my laundry and have supper. I was in shorts, too. Imagine that, here in April. I grabbed the camera and my new bike and headed for the waterfront.

There were lots of people out. Running girls in Spandex, young folks drinking beer, lads throwing football, running girls in Spandex, a band practising on the pier behind the water purification plant, couples walking together, and even running girls in Spandex. I didn't get any photos of the girls, but summer ain't here yet.

Today I went for a 28 mile/45 km bike ride on the strength of coffee and toast. It turned out to be a bit of a beastly ride. My handlebars loosened up, and it became rather tiring for my hands and arms to hold the bar in position. Holding it close to the center helped, but not much. Using my powers of observation and following the axiom, necessity is the mother of invention, I spied a chunk of bungee cord, and be forcing it against the bolts on the stem, I was able to tighten them enough to minimize the bar movement.

Oh yeah, I was pedalling against the wind for about six or seven miles, not to mention the two hills that took me a while to climb.

I got home and took a shower, had a quick bite and took a two hour nap.

Photos from yesterday. I didn't take any worthwhile photos today.









7 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a most wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* I miss living in a river town sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three wonderful days in a row, A :-)

    Meh, it's ok, Intell ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too intell. Not to mention, also a near ocean town. Sorry Doug, I was thinking along the same lines before I saw intell's comment. Didn't mean to take away from your photographic genius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, sega na leqa, J ;-) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been to Fiji? Wow.

    Okay, I had to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I saw that in
    a magazine, J. my new catch phrase :-)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive