You may or may not know that I share my apartment with three bicycles. I have a cheap mountain bike converted to a single speed that I use for riding to work and errands. I have an eight month old mountain bike for forays out on the highways and riding to parks and trails. I bought a new single speed bike four days before Christmas. That one is going to be my city tourer and is not going to be parked and locked while out. It will always be within reach except when it's sitting at home.
Having three bikes didn't stop me from dragging home a frame that's missing its wheels. It's a late 70s road bike built in Czechoslovakia. I saw it on one of the walks Tyler and I take. I saw it on Dec 20, and again about ten days ago, and decided to bring it home if it was still there today. I'm guessing it was stolen and abandoned. When I saw it first, the wheels were there but removed, and gone the next time. I figure I can build another single speed with some used wheels and a few brake parts. Give it a quick paint job and either ride it or sell it.
Or, I might toss it in an alley late one night if I think it isn't worth keeping ;-)
Slipped in by Doug at 7:56 PM
- Mist opportunity
- For those about to rock...
- Say cheese
- Chairs and an alley
- Maybe sex would be nice, after all
- Happier than if I'd had sex.
- Birds and bicycles
- Random, red, rusty
- Cutting you loose
- Captured cloud, pumping the color, spelling erorr
- Gray skies, gray walls.
- Wednesday 4 AM wakeup, still no nudity
- It might warm up if someone turned off these freez...
- Wanna see photos of a naked blogger buddha?
- Mossy bones and the chairman is on ice
- Bones in the ice
- Still nothing to say
- rust yellow wood nonsensical things
- Nothing to report
- Other things
- Always fresh, won't be beat
- Alley horsey turquoise box again
- Sales, naked mannequins, blonde or brunette?
- Vacated spaces and a blue truck OR a fist full of ...
- Moody blues. And pinks...
- NYE in (mostly) B&W
- ▼ January (26)
- ► 2009 (437)