Seven things I like that don't require people:
1. Long, hot showers. They are especially nice if shared with a member of the opposite sex, but because that would be a digression from the topic at hand, I will stop right here.
2. Photography. Duh. I sometimes photograph people, but that doesn't count. Because they're really "subjects".
3. A big bowl of Shreddies with ice cold milk and a handful of brown sugar. I don't share with other people.
4. My iPod. Sometimes I play it through an extension speaker, but mostly I use earphones, so I don't disturb (and also tune out) other people.
5. Rearranging my apartment. I got that gene from another person, my mom.
6. Looking at architecture/furniture design magazines. I don't care what people think about that.
7. Avoiding memes at all cost. I would have liked to have avoided this one, but this other person gave me an award and I was happy to fulfill the conditions :-)
Four people to whom I would like to pass this award to and read what seven things they like without the presence of another human are:
Elin. She paints, she takes photographs, she is involved in the worldwide artist scene, and she is a good friend.
John/Juan. That guy is always thinking, and he writes most of it down. He plays a mean blues harp and paints, and is an artist when it comes to being a handyman, as well.
MJ. She doesn't update often, but I always check in when she does. She listens to several muses, and she translates from them beautifully.
Jen. Her photos are wonderful, thought provoking, warm and scary. Sometimes all at once.
- ► 2010 (316)
- Hula horse alley
- Windows aren't glass so you can see out, but so I ...
- Low escape velocities
- Not shoes, pig iron
- Steel for play, steel for stay there
- Foggy Morning Breakdown
- Too early for art
- Futonical abandonment and customerical colourizati...
- Music, meat, mama, Martello
- Still ugly after all these years
- Rainy parking lot, no diving
- Empty and broken, reflective, faded
- Ceramic pussy, fourteen foot steel African
- Mishmash #477A
- Separating the wheat from the chaff
- Seven things I like that don't require people
- Fairy tales and slasher scenes
- Peekaboo, dead Legos, dead people
- Free furniture (something else I dragged home)
- Load of bull
- My Friday evening with a young woman
- Gas, the modern fuel
- Architecture, 33% sideways
- Serves you right!
- New York, don't step in the exhaust soot...
- How you gonna keep 'em down on the (wind) farm...
- This could use a coat of paint
- ▼ September (27)