Street photos...

8.09.2009

Cheap part improves my looks...

Heh heh. I bought a used battery grip with a spare battery yesterday because I went downtown with my camera and left my battery in the charger. Oops. I think I look much more like a pro now, eh?

The other photos are from my backlog. A local department store has closed after 50 years. I delivered here for thirty years, so I know the people. At least this building isn't in any danger of being torn down anytime soon.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

6 comments:

  1. Oh my yes, you look maahhhvelous, Doug!

    I like that second photo too - the first one of the abandoned store. the clothes rack and headless mannaquin in reflection is key.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad that the owner feels he had no choice, but sales have been down, and next summer the entire block will be closed for repairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sad part is even the building is at risk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get a "handle" on the first one.

    Abandoned buildings talk to me. The only thing sadder than an abandoned business, with furniture still in there, is perhaps an abandoned house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool.
    Now you can fool the rest of the world into thinking your a professional ;)
    Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Punch, that building is likely protected by the city as historical. It's another all limestone building, of which the city is very proud.

    Really, jj? I found two... ;-) Anything abandoned is sad, but we know what happened here.

    Thanks, AK. I only need to fool a few at a time :-)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive