Street photos...

6.18.2009

Three Volvos

To me, the biggest appeal of digital photography is being able to play with light and color, changing the mood or the feeling with only a few mouse clicks or slides on a control. Below is a shot I took while in traffic on my bike. I have always been a fan of P1800s.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Then I dropped the gamma and boosted the contrast, which has the added effect of increasing the saturation. The brick building reflected on the roof of the car is much more apparent.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Next, I converted it to B&W. Replace those aluminum wheels for the originals, and swap out the Caddy SRX for a potato lorry, and you have Simon Templar parked in a hurry to pop in for a pack of fags.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

8 comments:

  1. I like the 2nd one best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Lerm, but the possibilities are nearly endless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me think of James Bond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're supposed to think of The Saint, Kate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer the first. It is exposed better. Next, I like the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like darkening them and giving them the appearance of late afternoon or early evening :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice shots and the thoughts behind the shots . . .

    I like Volvo's!
    Have a great Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Elin, you too!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive