Street photos...

6.26.2009

New glass, more money gone

Old lens shot with new one, 50mm @ f/1.4, ISO 100, 1/800 sec.



New lens shot with old one, 50mm @ f/1.8, ISO 100, 1/250 sec.



I am looking forward to taking night shots with the new lens. This is the fastest lens I can afford. I have spent about $2,000 before taxes on my kit. That's not a lot of money for camera gear, but I do have other priorities :-)

So far I have a Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6, the original 18-55mm f/3.5-4.6, a 50mm f/1.8 and a 50mm f/1.4, all Canon. As well, I have extension tubes for extreme close up shots and a polarizing filter along with the usual UV filters.

7 comments:

  1. your like me when it comes to technical gear :)

    Recently I purchased a bluetooth audio adapter and some dell bluetooth wireless headphones..
    It's a nice upgrade from my corded headphones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait..was that the proper form of your/you're?
    dang it..it wasn't :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, you goofed, AK ;-) I have wireless DSL on the laptop and a wireless mouse and keyboard for the dual beast. Two cordless phones. No fancy wireless toys here at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes indeed. The only thing more money draining than photography is maybe a boat. I've done both and the camera is a damned sight better spent money.

    Hey AK, don't feel bad...everybody makes that very same mistake I've noticed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a way to transport a boat, and I don't yet have enough camera accessories to require a trailer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beyond me I am afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was for me too, three years ago, Lerm. Just think of them as horsepower and torque numbers :-)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive