Street photos...

5.29.2009

Doors and windows

Views exposed after partial demolition of the old Alcan plant.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

As they say, watch out for that first step...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This part is still used by Novelis, the company that was spun off from Alcan. Novelis has since been bought up by the Indian firm Hindalco.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The sun is finally out, and I'm sitting here instead of riding my bike. I think as soon as my clothes are dry I shall remedy that.

9 comments:

  1. I love the pics you put here Doug - I haven't missed a posting for ages. Just letting you know that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, u. That's nice to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Novelis plant is quite evil looking, despite the attempt not to be with the use of primary colors. *shiver up me spine*

    ReplyDelete
  4. That door freaks me out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't like that 60's chic, jj? The evilness came from a period of French Canadian ownership, I think...

    It was higher than it looks in the photos, Kate, at least one full storey from the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks a little tired - like 60's Soviet style tired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, some of it is close to 70 years old, Lerm :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. stopping to say hi...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, S. How's the move going?

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive