Street photos...

5.23.2009

About that new bike...

This is my new bike, a 2009 GT Outpost 24 speed mountain bike. Disc brakes and a shock absorbing fork. The coil around the stem below the handlebars is my cable lock. I bought this bike too soon. I should have researched first and then bought. I think a nice single speed would have suited me better. I might just sell this...

Here are a couple of location shots. This one is City Park, across the street from the lake, and close to Queens University, Kingston General Hospital and the County Courthouse.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is the new fountain at the rebuilt Market Square. The Springer family donated $1M to the reconstruction, and the city added their name to the official designation, but everybody calls it the Market, not Springer Market Square.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Douglas A. Hmm. I wonder what his middle name was...?

8 comments:

  1. Andrew? Bike looks good though - concentrate on the superficial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a beauty!!

    nice "location" shots too. Good to get out and about, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't find what it was, Lerm. This bike has a bit too much going on on the ficial ;-)

    Thanks, S. You know it, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got curious about the McNevins. Couldn't find anything on Google. Nice bike though. What do you not like about it? I mean, from 24 to one speed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think something a bit less complicated and a bit more boutique is what I should have got, jj. I can afford it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being an old three-speed guy, I was kinda wondering about the 24 speeds. But then, I'm not a serious biker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. According to one single speed rider, multi-speed bikes are for riders over forty-five, jj...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Then I would need a 48 speed.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive