I only have impressions and a partial set list.
Neil came on stage wearing jeans and an Native woven shirt over a t-shirt with a frayed collar. He eventually removed the woven shirt, as it was lkely quite warm on the stage. He played many of his old hits and a few new ones. If there is a Neil Young song that it unlistenable, I haven't heard it. I liked them all, even the ones I hadn't heard before.
He switched guitars now and then, using a worn Martin for some songs, but it was Neil and "Old Black" that dueted most of the time. It is his sound, no two ways about it, although he does have a few ways to play it that no one has copied so far :-)
Everyone Knows This is Nowhere
Like a Hurricane
Needle and the Damage Done
Heart of Gold
There were others I didn't recognize, but he has a new album. Eventually the show came to an end, and Neil came out for just one encore. He played All Along the Watchtower, Neil Young style, and finished with Rockin' In the Free World.
Although Tyler and I had lousy seats, we did get the occasional glimpse of him over the amps, and right beside us overhead was a screen roughly 8' x 15' that showed us closeups we wouldn't have seen if we were standing in front of the stage.
When he left, he walked out an exit less than twenty feet from where Tyler and I were sitting, and we got a good look at a music icon, with his scraggly, thinning gray hair and his deep wrinkles, and absolutely awesome talent. I love the way he plays guitar, too.
- ► 2010 (316)
- Easter is over but I don't care
- Bill, boots, bent bike
- Passports and panhandling.
- If I had a title I'd give you one...
- Beware of cat and dog
- Random doors and windows
- Columns and cat
- Alley caps
- Vigilant and knobby
- The last time I'm going to do this
- Peace, light and give us a kiss.
- Tired, not expired
- Fuzzy, bushy and pushy
- Wood you steel these pics?
- False colors
- 'piers to be some boats...
- Cannons and cones
- Iron rails and a broken pink dildo
- Bearing style and attitude
- Nice rack, baby.
- Gauging the damage. Kevin! Behind you!!!!
- Fuzzy pinstriped killer whale
- I have no photos of Neil Young
- Tanks for the water!
- Swamp cats
- Making tracks for obscurity
- Signs of neglect
- Fenêtre, Fred and Ford
- Fowl, balls of steel
- Abandoned and lonely
- Yield or go jump in the river.
- Robin needs a stronger deodorant
- Does adding an "e" make Brown more sophisticated?
- Copper washes walls of City Hall
- Public toilet and Ben & Jerry's
- Shed your fear of high windows.
- Spaghetti is not available. Have dumplings instead...
- Ugliest building in town
- Garrett, like the street, not the Leif...
- Funhouse mirrors without the fun...
- 3 TV-heads say, "That's some dish."
- ▼ April (41)