Street photos...

2.27.2009

Pucking around is for squares

Shots from Feb Fest, the re-enactment of an 1886 hockey game. Goals were announced by a man with a red flag, and a subsequent firing of a cannon. I wasn't able to get a good shot of the cannon firing.

I bet it would hurt twice as much getting hit by the corner of a square puck. No padding back in those days.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Oops.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

They are all looking in the wrong place, eh? I thought it was kinda cool that I caught the puck in the air.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

5 comments:

  1. Great action shot - the shadow from the puck looks v cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lerm. It surprised me when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the words of Krispy Kreme, "Hot!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is the four inch padding they usually have, I bet that puck hurts when it hits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But not sticky (I hope) D
    :-)

    No protection in 1886, Stu. I bet players then had lots of bruises :-)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive