Street photos...

2.11.2009

It's the real thing

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

When I walk home from work, I pass by this Coca Cola warehouse. That's all it is now, but until the 70s or so it was still a bottling plant. When I was in public school way back in the 60s, we took a school tour of this plant. At the end of the tour we were given a bottle of Coke (I miss glass bottles) and a snack from Weston's Bakery, which was across the street. Coke and Westons would trade with each other.

I still like the look of this building. It has a few blemishes and age spots, but Coca Cola has generally kept it up pretty well.

10 comments:

  1. That is so neat! I too miss glass bottles. Mexican Coke is still in glass. :-)


    The building looks really good, and doesn't look that old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad took me to the bottling plant often on our way to North Carolina.

    Very fond memories....Thank you Doug.

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coke is still available in "limited edition" small glass bottles, M, but you would really want to have a Coke :-)

    The building has to be around 50 years old.

    I wish I could remember more of what it looked like inside, Bobby. All the machinery is long gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss having bottling plants in town too. We had a coke plant and a beer plant, but both are gone now.
    I did hear the beer plant was coming back. I guess in financial crisis, beer is still important :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to have several bottling plants, Kate, but never a beer one. Sounds like a pit of politicking to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the red in that second picture. It's really a beautiful shot. The snow looks so pretty from afar. Hope you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The farther away it is, the better the snow looks, GE :-) Thanks, I hope you're having a good one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss the glass bottles, too.

    I like your photo of the building. It looks good...
    ttfn~ Gina

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is amazing the way that the small amount of red really stands out in the photos.

    I guess the coke would be pretty cold judging by the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Gina. I was trying to get as much in the photo as I could.

    I might have boosted the contrast a bit, Lerm...
    :-)
    The Coke on the trucks certainly gets cold!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive