Years and years ago, this used to be Bennett's Foods. Thursdays were paydays for my dad, and he would drive home from Kingston to our little house in Hartington, and drive back to town so my mom could do the grocery shopping. She did the bulk of her food shopping in this store.
For a while in the late 70s and early 80s, the three of us drivers would stop here first before driving our routes. There was a snack bar at one end, and we would join a couple of guys from the beer store and other assorted time wasters for a coffee. This store was one of my deliveries for a long time, even after it was bought out by Loblaws and became a No Frills.
Eventually the store changed hands a few times and no longer carried mags. The last owner built a big, new store, but it is over two miles away, and I no longer have a grocery store within a twelve minute walk, except for the most expensive A&P in North America (now owned by Metro, but just as expensive).
I never realized that I had so many connections to this store...
Slipped in by Doug at 5:12 PM
- ► 2010 (316)
- Seen from everywhere
- The randomness of being me
- Long, winded
- Keds don't need shoe polish
- Meek and dishing it out
- All chained up and no place to go
- Won't be beat
- God in your corner, or 8 ball in the corner pocket...
- Women and WTF?
- Spoon, dudes, boobage
- Fingers and spoons and telephone calls
- Shiny boobage
- Obama, one piece at a time
- Men without hats
- Man at "work".
- Older than I, and about as useful.
- A break from serious photography :-)
- It's not yellow paint. It's yellow paint.
- Not having fun at Family Fun World
- Choices and dead ends
- Windows, street and Beta versions
- Mythical and the mundane
- Young bricks, old bones.
- The tree was not interesting...
- Dumpster goblin, shit happens
- We can break the Police!
- On Wednesdays I go shopping...
- Cool car, if you like pink :-)
- There was this one time at nudist camp
- Stone cold angle
- Time to get off the bleachers
- Tipped skater, slanted light
- Diners and skaters and two heads
- Wishful thinking
- Peeking, poll and prurience
- Lonely Street. (This is not the Jedi we're looking...
- Backs to the sun
- I'm glad snow flakes aren't really this big.
- No photos, please
- Weathered skeletons
- Ripples and skeletons
- Cute girl, earrings fit for a king.
- Reflection in a kiss
- Masking gape
- Swinging gothic pussy
- She looks unhappy
- When it gets cold, even a naked guy has to put on ...
- Nude in the window
- ▼ January (48)