Street photos...

1.15.2009

Dumpster goblin, shit happens

Another day, another -25°C/-13°F. I froze my fingers while tossing bundles onto a skid at Costco this morning. It took a bit before I could feel anything, and then they hurt. The problem with the job in very cold weather is that it is hard to accomplish much with nice, warm mitts. They haven't a grip good enough to handle bundles or a pen, so I would be without protection most of the time. My cheap cotton gloves only work till around a few degrees below freezing.

The day went slow, and I was at least an hour behind. But, I finished, skipped sorting any of tomorrow's invoices and went home. I just finished a nice pork loin and baked potato supper, and feel warm and full :-)

The photos for which this post was named :-)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

7 comments:

  1. i wonder if driving gloves would work better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something in a Thinsulate might work, Mary, but they won't last long, that's why I use the cheap ones supplied by the company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that graffiti. Reminds me of Forrest Gump, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks more like Forrest took a dump, Kate :-O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried SMARTWOOL gloves? SMARTWOOL is much better than cotton, and very warm. Ask any skier. WOrth the investment if you can find them.
    Warm and full sounds good to me. You always make me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have whetted your appetite, but can I satisfy your hunger...?

    I will look into those gloves, someone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shit Happens... tell me about it :/

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive