Street photos...

1.08.2009

Backs to the sun

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I have never thought of the reasons I take photos. I have always liked photography, and used to read photography magazines now and then, but I didn't see me taking a photo like one in a magazine. When digital cameras became available, I wanted one, but they were priced much higher than I could ever afford. I don't even know why I wanted one, because I haven't taken that many film photos. When I finally did buy the Elph, it sat mostly unused for a year.

I can not pinpoint the time and place when I decided to start taking pictures regularly. I only know that I liked it, the finding some unique angle, or a color or pattern. I also liked the instant viewing of what I had done.

Sometimes I take a hundred photos and I'm lucky to get one that I like, so I post the rest as sort of a journal of my day, a bunch of snapshots. Sometimes I know I have a good shot, sometimes I wonder why people will like a photo that I would consider a throwaway.

What is the point of all this babble? I'm coming to that. If you have enjoyed my photos so far, I'm happy. My photos are the only bright spot in my otherwise boring life. I have certainly made myself what I am today, but my photography makes up for that somewhat...

I might have more to say, or I might just post more photos. We'll see.

14 comments:

  1. Love these. The light is really wonderful. I am glad you found me and gave me the inspiration to finally fix my computer. I missed you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank, GE. I am always around somewhere or other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always enjoyed your photos and your perspective, which is evidenced in the photo even if no caption is attached. You find beauty or uniqueness in the mundane objects that I would pass by and never notice otherwise and you provide a small glimpse of your world and your humor. I for one am glad you like to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess after I peek at things with my camera, people are peeking at me through my photos :-)
    Thanks, Nan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great form of expression and way to show others your view of the world. Keep it up~ I always enjoy your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always enjoy your photos and your way of looking at the world through photography.

    Glad for the "JS Refuge" so I can still view them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure if my view of the world is straight up or on the rocks, but I drink it in as I can, Jen :-) Thanks.

    Thank you, D. There's a lot of us that never thought we'd be here, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so warm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was warm behind the glass, Sammi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is motivating to have an audience. When I get a good picture I feel like a dog bringing home a bone. I am happy that I lived in the digital camera age.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those remind me of the photos they have at a little coffee shop near where I live. That is so awesome! I don't think I have ever seen a photo of yours that I haven't liked. I look forward to your photos everyday. Thank you for that bright spot in my day!!!


    I thought I was the only one who thought that way about digital photos! Now I don't think I could ever go back to film. Although, the waiting to see what I caught was always exciting.


    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's an excellent way to put it, Joan. After all, we do bring home some odd things from time to time :-)

    I love digital.

    Hi, M. Thank you. Your comments brighten my day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like this photo. It would make a great poster -- it would brighten up the room.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Which one, KIT? Ask and you will receive.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive