I have never thought of the reasons I take photos. I have always liked photography, and used to read photography magazines now and then, but I didn't see me taking a photo like one in a magazine. When digital cameras became available, I wanted one, but they were priced much higher than I could ever afford. I don't even know why I wanted one, because I haven't taken that many film photos. When I finally did buy the Elph, it sat mostly unused for a year.
I can not pinpoint the time and place when I decided to start taking pictures regularly. I only know that I liked it, the finding some unique angle, or a color or pattern. I also liked the instant viewing of what I had done.
Sometimes I take a hundred photos and I'm lucky to get one that I like, so I post the rest as sort of a journal of my day, a bunch of snapshots. Sometimes I know I have a good shot, sometimes I wonder why people will like a photo that I would consider a throwaway.
What is the point of all this babble? I'm coming to that. If you have enjoyed my photos so far, I'm happy. My photos are the only bright spot in my otherwise boring life. I have certainly made myself what I am today, but my photography makes up for that somewhat...
I might have more to say, or I might just post more photos. We'll see.
Slipped in by Doug at 5:33 PM
- ► 2010 (316)
- Seen from everywhere
- The randomness of being me
- Long, winded
- Keds don't need shoe polish
- Meek and dishing it out
- All chained up and no place to go
- Won't be beat
- God in your corner, or 8 ball in the corner pocket...
- Women and WTF?
- Spoon, dudes, boobage
- Fingers and spoons and telephone calls
- Shiny boobage
- Obama, one piece at a time
- Men without hats
- Man at "work".
- Older than I, and about as useful.
- A break from serious photography :-)
- It's not yellow paint. It's yellow paint.
- Not having fun at Family Fun World
- Choices and dead ends
- Windows, street and Beta versions
- Mythical and the mundane
- Young bricks, old bones.
- The tree was not interesting...
- Dumpster goblin, shit happens
- We can break the Police!
- On Wednesdays I go shopping...
- Cool car, if you like pink :-)
- There was this one time at nudist camp
- Stone cold angle
- Time to get off the bleachers
- Tipped skater, slanted light
- Diners and skaters and two heads
- Wishful thinking
- Peeking, poll and prurience
- Lonely Street. (This is not the Jedi we're looking...
- Backs to the sun
- I'm glad snow flakes aren't really this big.
- No photos, please
- Weathered skeletons
- Ripples and skeletons
- Cute girl, earrings fit for a king.
- Reflection in a kiss
- Masking gape
- Swinging gothic pussy
- She looks unhappy
- When it gets cold, even a naked guy has to put on ...
- Nude in the window
- ▼ January (48)