Street photos...

12.30.2008

Don't know what they're selling, but I'm not buying it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I have tomorrow and Thursday off. They are giving us Wednesday so they don't have to pay us any extra for New Year, just like they gave us Wednesday last week to avoid paying extra for Christmas.

The fools still have to pay us an extra day for next week, because we are not scheduled for more than four days, and we will work five in a row. I know, you're thinking, "wait, most day jobs are five days a week". In the warehouse this may be true, but we drivers work ten hour days, thus only four days a week.

It's nice to work two days, take a day off and then work two more and get the weekend, but I wish we were still under our older system, when we didn't work Fridays. That was shweeet.

12 comments:

  1. I love that photo! You are such an awesome photog!


    Businesses are such scrooges! I hope you have a safe and fun New Year's Eve!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a bill board not too far from my house that looks the same. I guess it was the recent rain that we had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nothing special, M, it is just hanging right there over our main street, being an eyesore :-)
    Thanks!

    That one has been like that before we got our 24 hrs of rain. It looks like no one's in a hurry to replace it, Mr. F.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love to see what photo you're going to post next.

    This looks very weather beaten!

    Happy New Year, Doug, to you and your's.

    I'm so glad alot of us are in here "together" you know, like a family again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Judy, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well hello netmale! i was so excited to see you here, i didnt even read your post YET!

    hugs!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:59 p.m.

    well, more great pics, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't usually have that effect on anyone, Karen. Thank you! :-)

    Thank you, anon, whoever you are :-)

    Happy New Year, SD!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to love those days off. You'll still be paid stat pay, even if you didn't have to work.
    I got time and a half for boxing day so I'm happy about that!
    Have a nice evening Doug. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to find you! I hope you are enjoying your days off and wish you a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Kate. Next week I'll make an extra day's pay, but I sure hate working 5 in a row. Just not built for it anymore :-)

    Hello, Nan. I found you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers