I have tomorrow and Thursday off. They are giving us Wednesday so they don't have to pay us any extra for New Year, just like they gave us Wednesday last week to avoid paying extra for Christmas.
The fools still have to pay us an extra day for next week, because we are not scheduled for more than four days, and we will work five in a row. I know, you're thinking, "wait, most day jobs are five days a week". In the warehouse this may be true, but we drivers work ten hour days, thus only four days a week.
It's nice to work two days, take a day off and then work two more and get the weekend, but I wish we were still under our older system, when we didn't work Fridays. That was shweeet.
Slipped in by Doug at 5:51 PM
- ► 2010 (316)
- ► 2009 (437)
- Is this what they mean by Boxing Day?
- Don't know what they're selling, but I'm not buyin...
- Christmas dinner fit for a pigeon.
- Rotten apple and apple-cheeked
- Bride and... bride's maid?
- Remember to bundle the kids up!
- More Christmas treeses
- I have more of these trese. I mean, more of thees ...
- Maybe you'd rather have a coffee...
- Have a cup of tea, it's gonna be a long wait.
- Any port in a storm
- ▼ December (11)