Street photos...

5.14.2006

Shiny cars

Originally posted 3/18/06

When I'm trudging through the city
And the rain is in my face
And I'm stepping on wet litter on the walk,
There's cigarette butts tossed by others
Soggy in the gutter.
There's people speaking;
I can't hear them talk.

Cars are oh, so shiny when it rains;
Slick and smooth, the grime just disappears.
I wish that it would do for me the same
Cause cars are oh, so shiny when it rains.

I've lived my life as average Joe
With sin and no ambition.
I've done some things that made my loved ones cry.
There isn't much left now for me
But rain and dirty sidewalks.
I need a cleansing
And another try.

Cars are oh, so shiny when it rains;
Slick and smooth, the grime just disappears.
I wish that it would do for me the same
Cause cars are oh, so shiny when it rains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers