Street photos...

5.21.2006

A conversation with my 'self'

"Self."
"Self?"
"SELF!"
"Arrrrggggghhh!"
"There you are, Self. I wanted to talk to you for a bit".
"Grrrrr..."
"Yeah, I don't talk to you often, and I apologize. I think I'm getting too old for some of the shit I do, you know?"
"Uhhhn"
"I mean it. Work is a chore. I hate climbing in and out of a truck and carrying stuff. I don't want to be doing it when I'm sixty."
"Arrgghh!"
"Really, Self, is that the best you can do? You sure have a lousy vocabulary, considering you've been with me all my life."
"Grrrr! Arrggghh! Fuck! Fuckityfuckityfuckity...."
"OK. Never mind. Something else...I'm too old to be hanging out with twenty-somethings. I know that I'm accepted, and maybe they even like me, but I need people closer to my own age, besides the guys I work with."
"Gaaahhhh!"
"Exactly. Why can't I grow up a bit more? Get away from this virtual 'lifestyle' and meet more people in the real world?"
"Arrrghhh! Asshole! Grrrr!"
"Wow. A new word. And you've made a point. A very sharp point, thank you very much. I suppose I am an asshole. What have I done? What have I accomplished? I can almost sing, I can almost write, shit, I can almost do anything. But I don't do any of it well, 'cause I've never put the effort into any of it."
"Arrrgghhh! Fuckityfuckity..."
"Yeah, I have only me to blame. Heh. I almost said myself..."
"Ooohhhhh..."
"I said almost, 'k? Look, I won't bother you with any more right now. There are other things I want to talk about, but we can do it later."
"Uhhhnnn"
"Yeah, whatever. Later, Self."
"Pleasant dreams, you fucking silly twit."
"What? What did you just say? Self?"
"Rrrrrrr..."

3 comments:

  1. Well, I must say this was very creative!
    I've not seen this one before, lol. Good entry. I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sunny. It's at the other blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This conversation sounds vaguely familiar, except it is usually me doing the cursing and myself trying to make a point. I think.
    maybe not.
    The mood is the same and the subject matter similar at any rate.

    Well put. Go easy. You may be the only good soul for miles around, whether your singing is as good as you want or not.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers